Monday, June 20, 2011

Over A Month...

It has been over a month since I have last posted.  In that month, I received the scores of my high school students' TAKS tests, negotiated the mine fields of public education, lived through school being out for another year, taken Liz to the neurologist, and started teaching summer school.

The fact of the matter is that nothing terribly interesting has been happening.  I had a week off between the end of school and the start of the first session of summer school.  In that time, I took Liz to the local splash pads several times, signed her up for summer reading, and completed several art projects with her.  We also started an herb garden that's responding well to us.

Her neurologist appointment went well.  He wants us to continue on as we've been going, and keep up with the behavior therapy appointments.  Nothing changed in that regard.

Liz had a behavior therapy appointment last week, and since she's negotiated the start of summer vacation so well, we're only doing appointments once a month.  We've established a very tentative schedule, and it seems to be working for us thus far.  It's a nice change from the chaos that was our lives for a few months.  She's so much more calm, and she's been feeling less anxiety than before.

She's been engaging children at the splash pads, and playing with them without too many issues.  I confess that I got a little teary-eyed when I saw her playing with a little girl last week, and being completely comfortable while doing so.  I was so proud of her.

I'm going to make an attempt at keeping up with this blog this summer.  Since most days (outside of summer school) I rarely open up a laptop, it might be a little more challenging than it is regularly. 

Have a great summer, everyone!!

No comments: