Sunday, November 9, 2014

Check Out This Video

Ted Talk in Boulder About Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy

I can't tell you how hard I cried as I watched this video.  I can't imagine how scared and frightened this family was every time their sweet daughter seized.  We're so lucky that Liz reacts well to meds.

On top of that, though, my jaw dropped when he said that there was evidence of the brain being repaired by the CBD in Charlotte's Web.  Our struggle isn't only with the seizures, but also with the loss of cognitive ability that Liz has experienced.  I fervently hope that the FDA reclassifies marijuana soon.  Once that happens, legitimate research that won't land you in prison could begin.

**As an aside, please don't read this and assume I'm a "total pothead."  Seriously, Josh Stanley said in the video that Charlotte's Web has no psychotropic effects because they removed the THC.  I'm not a total pothead.  I just want my kid to be able to live a normal, healthy, and full life.

No comments: