Friday, September 7, 2012

Purple Pumpkins!!

This Halloween I’m pondering doing purple Jack-O-Lanterns for our front porch. Of course, purple is the color for epilepsy awareness, and since, as the kids say, I’m about that life, I’m looking into painting a pumpkin purple. I think Liz and I will have a great time painting them and carving them. I’m excited about this little endeavor.




I’m wondering how to do this at a school level, and use them to spread epilepsy awareness. I’d love to sell little purple pumpkins to the students, but you know that wouldn’t end well. I’ve also thought about putting little purple pumpkins in the staff mailboxes, with a little note about epilepsy awareness month. The hope being that they’d keep them on their desks for kids to see. I’m going to keep pondering this. Hmmm….



In a weird twist of fate, I’ve been put on Zonegran to keep me from having headaches. If you’ll remember way back to Christmas 2010, you’ll remember that Zonegran was the medicine that Liz was on that made her develop kidney stones. I’m REALLY hoping that doesn’t happen to me. Fingers crossed. I’m honestly just hoping that my headaches improve to the point that I don’t have them. I’m already in such pain from the fibromyalgia, and I don’t need anything else on top of that.



Liz continues to do well, which is such a blessing. She’s living a normal 9 year old life, and I love that she gets to. 

No comments: