Monday, October 31, 2011

Questions About Why I'm Not Posting

My darling sister asked me the other day why I haven't posted in so long.  Actually, her exact words were, "What's up with that?!" 

The fact of the matter is that my sweet girl is doing quite well.  The last time we had documented seizure activity was February.  She's progressed to second grade, and is doing quite well in her class.  In fact, in her parent-teacher conference, her teacher expressed that she is doing so well that she's on grade level for reading, and is progressing nicely in math.  We're all so encouraged this year.

Tomorrow starts off Epilepsy Awareness Month.  For an epilepsy advocate, like myself, it's arguably one of the most important months of the year.  You want to raise awareness.  You want to make sure EVERYONE you interact with is aware of seizure first aid.  You want to chase away stigma. 

I'm in the unique position of being the student council sponsor for my high school.  We've made it a project of ours to raise epilepsy awareness on our campus by posting seizure first aid around the school, and selling epilepsy awareness bracelets.

Please do what you can to continue to raise awareness where you are.  The world is not aware enough about epilepsy, what it is, and what it means for us as parents/friends/family members of people with epilepsy.

No comments: